Your personal information is important to us. We recognise that your privacy is very important and that you have a right to control personal information. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained. It includes all personal information regardless of its source.
How we collect information about you
Whenever you visit this Website, our servers will automatically record information about your usage of this Website, such as the time of the visit, its duration and the pages you visit. This is to assist us in improving this Website. In these instances, the information we collect about you remains anonymous.
Collection of some of your personal information is essential for completion of some of the functions and activities of this Website. We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, also collect your personal information directly from you. For instance, the collection of your personal information may happen when you:
- Click on a “Contact” button and agree to proceed to fill out a “Contact” form.
- Complete and submit a “Sign Up” form, an “Order Form” or similar form.
- Submit an email or message to us through the Website; or provide information by telephone after visiting the Website.
The personal information we collect from you may include your name, postal address, email address, phone number, mobile phone number and in some instances, financial information, or other information considered necessary for any request, order or application process you may be undertaking.
We may also collect personal information:
- From third parties such as credit reporting agencies or your representatives
- From publicly available sources of information.
- From our third party service partners.
- From our own records of how you use our services; or when legally required to do so.
No matter how your personal information is collected, it is dealt with by us in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom.
If you choose not to provide personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or a high level of service.
Using and Disclosing Personal Information We may use your personal information in order to:
- Verify your identity.
- Provide our products and services to you.
- Administer and manage those products and services, including notifications, charging, billing and collecting payment for services.
- Enter into contracts with you.
- Assist you to subscribe to our products and services.
- Make changes to your profile.
- Respond to any queries or feedback you may have.
- Help us improve our products and services
- Provide relevant marketing information, including promotions or special offers.
- Conduct appropriate checks for creditworthiness and for fraud; and prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving the Website.
We might contact you to let you know about products, services, promotions or special offers that may interest you. If you do not want us to contact you to promote and market our products, services, promotions and special offers, please inform us via https://deepsocial.co.uk/contact/.
In order to meet your specific needs or provide you with a service which you have requested, we may disclose your personal information in certain circumstances, to third party organisations whose products or services you may require. We may also disclose your personal information to our third party service partners who are engaged to assist in facilitating the provision of the products or services you may require. These third party service partners may carry out marketing, telemarketing and sales services, customer enquiries, market research and website usage analysis.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is:
- Required or authorised by law or government and regulatory authorities.
- We suspect that your use of this Website is in breach of the Terms..
- To protect our rights or property.
- To lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
- To credit reporting and fraud checking agencies.
- To credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing). or To our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers.
Where your personal information is disclosed, we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently within applicable privacy laws and codes.
Data security – protecting your personal information
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic format. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- Confidentiality agreements for our employees and contractors.
- Security measures for systems access.
- Only allowing access to personal information where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements.
- Access control.
- Destroying or permanently de-identifying your personal information if it is no longer needed for the purpose which the information was originally collected, used or disclosed under applicable privacy laws and codes.
We will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them. In some instances this may mean you will not be able to take full advantage of parts of this Website.
We may use independent companies to measure and analyse Internet usage across this Website. The tracking collects the following core information on usage of this Website:
- The number of page views (or page impressions).
- The number of unique visitors.
- How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on the Website.
- Common entry and exit points into the Website.
- This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing usage of this Website. The data is also accessible by media organisations and research companies for the purpose of conducting industry comparisons with other Internet sites.
Pages on this Website may be coded with tracking software. This is transparent to the user, as the software makes use of an invisible image, at the bottom of the web page. This software stores a cookie in your browser, which contains a unique identifier. This enables tracking of the number of unique visitors to this Website. In no way does this unique identifier identify a user personally. We do not and will not match any data collected by independent tracking software with any personal information collected on the website.
What happens on links to other websites
We use analytics tools and other third party technologies, such as Google Analytics and DoubleClick Cookies, to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our online Sites and/or Services. These tools and technologies collect and analyse certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behaviour and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information.
The third party analytics companies who collect information on our Sites and/or Services and other online products and/or services may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online or mobile products and services relating to your activities across their network of websites as well as online and/or mobile products and services. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies.
In addition to our use of technologies as described herein, we may permit certain third party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to you based on your use of the deepsocial.co.uk website and/or Services and to otherwise collect and use data about your use of the deepsocial.co.uk website and/or Services. For more information about this practice, please see the “Third Party Advertising Technologies” section below.
You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Google has additional information available about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions.
Third Party Advertising Technologies
In addition to using cookies and related technologies as described above, we also may permit certain third party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to users and to collect and use other data about user activities on our Sites and/or Services (e.g., to allow them to tailor ads on third party services). These companies may deliver ads that might also place cookies and otherwise track user behaviour. These companies may use information about user behaviour in order to provide customized advertisements across various services and products. In the course of providing these services, products or placing advertisements, these third party companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer, and may record information to these cookies based upon your activities on any of our Sites and/or Services and on third party websites. Each of these companies uses this cookie information according to their own privacy and security policies. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out as indicated in this Policy. Please note this does not opt you out of being delivered advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Resolving Your privacy issues
You can manage your email preferences, such as opt-out or unsubscribe from emails sent by deepsocial.co.uk, by contacting us.
deepsocial.co.uk uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run deepsocial.co.uk.
Our payment gateway provider is used for ongoing subscription payments. We never store your credit card details.